Do you want to form a limited liability company, but you are not comfortable doing it yourself? Are you in search of the best online legal site to help you with your LLC business formation journey?
There are tons of companies that offer online legal services that help with your LLC formation. This helps to save you from legal issues in the future. LegalZoom and Rocket Lawyer are some of the most popular online legal sites, trusted by millions of customers.
But how do you decide which one is best for you? Rocket Lawyer offers comprehensive subscription plans and discounts on their registered agent service and LLC formation. On the other hand, LegalZoom is trusted by customers due to its immense experience in the field.
So, in the battle between LegalZoom and RocketLawyer, which one comes out as the best?
Rocket Lawyer is an all-around online legal site that offers various services, including business registration, legal advice, and the preparation of legal documents.
Additionally, it offers monthly subscription plans.
Thus, you can get a business attorney and access unlimited legal documents for a small monthly fee. If your company requires legal documents regularly, Rocket Lawyer is an excellent pick.
Among the services the company offers include:
- Intellectual property: the legal company will help you with copyright and trademark submissions.
- Business registration: the online legal site will help you register your LLC, C corporation, or S corporation.
- Legal documents: Rocket Lawyer boasts an intuitive platform that allows you to create and customize personal and business legal documents.
- Legal advice: Rocket Lawyer allows you access to an attorney if you have any legal questions. Alternatively, you can hold a 30-minute consultation with an attorney for a flat fee where you can discuss your business legal concerns.
- Excellent customer support. Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Rocket Lawyer offers you two payment options: either you are a member, or you are not. All members are allowed to access most features for a monthly plan that costs $39.99. If you have not subscribed as a member, you'll have to pay the total price if you want to access any legal document.
The features you get with the monthly subscription plan include:
- Unlimited legal documents
- A 30-minute free attorney consultation
- Unlimited legal documents
- Free business registration
- A 40% discount to access ongoing attorneys
- Registered agent service at $122.50 per year
If you are not a member, the features you can access include:
- Legal documents for $39.99 each
- Legal questions to an attorney at $49.99 each
- Registered agent services at $149.99 per year
- A 30-minute consultation at $59.99
- Business registration at $99 per LLC
Rocket Lawyer is a perfect choice if you want a continuous online legal service for your business, including access to a lawyer and business documents. It has an intuitive platform that makes it effortless for you to create and customize your business documents.
Like Rocket Lawyer, LegalZoom is an online legal site that acts as a one-stop-shop for all your business legal needs.
LegalZoom has been in operation since 2001, and it has helped more than 4 million customers with business registration, lawyer's advice, and legal documents.
LegalZoom boasts the best customer experience in the industry.
It also has outstanding customer service. You can contact customer support via email or phone, even on weekends.
Some of the features you can enjoy on LegalZoom include:
- Legal advice: LegalZoom will connect you with reputable small business attorneys to get all the legal advice you require
- Legal documents: they have easy-to-use software that enables you to create and customize your legal documents quickly.
- Intellectual property (IP): the online legal service offers various IP services, including trademark, copyright, and patent submissions
- Customer service: customer support is available from Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time. It is also available on weekends from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pacific time.
LegalZoom has different pricing for different services, which include:
- Various business registration packages go for $79 to $349, depending on the package.
- Legal documents for $59 per document. Alternatively, you can get unlimited legal documents for $7.95 a month.
- Registered agent services at $299 per year
- Legal documents review: $39 per document
- Attorney consultations: $375 per year. You get unlimited 30-minute consultation sessions.
- IP: $179 to $2,400 per application
LegalZoom stands out from its competitors due to its intuitive platform and incredible customer experience. Additionally, you enjoy an effortless time in your LLC formation and business registration as you only need to answer a few questions.
Additionally, LegalZoom has educational resources that enable you to learn about legal services. For instance, they explain the difficult words and legal concepts throughout the business registration process.
LegalZoom Vs. Rocket Lawyer: Similarities
- Pricing: Both LegalZoom and Rocket Lawyer offer similar pricing, and they bridge the gap between the DIY option and hiring a professional. The two legal services help you save a lot of money by not hiring a business attorney
- Satisfaction guarantee: LegalZoom has a satisfaction guarantee policy that you can leverage within the first 60 days. Rocket Lawyer has a similar policy, but it covers 30 days after the first purchase
- Educational: if you want to understand the confusing legal concepts and words, both Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom have enormous information on various legal issues that can affect your business
- Customer support: one of the benefits of hiring LegalZoom or Rocket Lawyer LLC formation service is the available customer service reps. The reps are available by phone or email to help you deal with any concerns or questions
- Experience: both Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom boast more than 15 years of experience and millions of satisfied customers
Rocket Lawyer vs. LegalZoom: Side by Side
Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom Features
Both LegalZoom and Rocket Lawyer offer essential LLC formation services. Online legal services include the preparation of legal forms. The services also include filing the necessary legal documents with the respective secretary of state.
Additionally, LegalZoom offers you a banking solution that enables you to open a savings and checking account. However, neither of the two online services provide a registered agent service with their basic LLC formation packages.
A registered agent acts as the link between your business and the government or state. The registered agent receives lawsuits, tax papers, and other legal documentation on behalf of your business. This leaves you with enough time to concentrate on running your business. It also ensures you don't face any legal issues in the future. The registered agent should have a physical address in the state where you are operating your LLC.
Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom have outstanding customer service that ensures their customers get the best service. Since the two are large companies, it is not unusual to get some unsatisfied customers. However, the companies' customer support endeavors to ensure all customer questions and concerns are dealt with.
LegalZoom performs better than Rocket Lawyer as its customer service reps are available on the phone, and you can also get them on weekends.
The turnaround time for your LLC formation is a vital factor to consider while choosing a legal service. Rocket Lawyer's turnaround times vary depending on the state. On the other hand, LegalZoom's turnaround time is dependent on the package you choose.
For instance, the economy package has a 30 business day turnaround time, while the standard package will take around 15 days. If you choose the Express Gold package, the turnaround time is about 7-10 business days.
Ease of Use
LegalZoom and Rocket Lawyer come with an intuitive platform that makes them the most accessible online legal sites to use. Deciding which one wins in terms of ease of use may be a challenge. However, Legal Zoom has a more modern design, which makes it more attractive and easy to navigate.
Rocket Lawyer's customer reviews are an advantage as the positive reviews far outweigh the negative ones. It has over 3,000 online reviews, with a more significant percentage being positive ones.
LegalZoom also has thousands of online customer reviews. Unlike Rocket Lawyer, there isn't a significant margin between the platform's positive and negative reviews. The legal service's site has worked with and satisfied millions of business owners, but it has also received complaints.
Rocket Lawyer takes the win over LegalZoom in terms of customer reviews.
Both LegalZoom and Rocket Lawyer offer legal services such as preparing LLC operating agreements, registered agent service, etc. However, the two companies also offer additional personal services, such as preparing the last will and divorce papers, and power of attorney. They can connect you with a certified lawyer if you have any questions or concerns.
LegalZoom has more legal services available, making it a better choice if you want a one-stop shop.
LegalZoom Vs. Rocket Lawyer: Which Is the Best
Rocket Lawyer and LegalZoom are reputable companies that offer LLC formation services. LegalZoom is a perfect pick for small business owners as it has extended service hours. Additionally, you can get their customer service reps on the phone, and they are available on weekends. Rocket Lawyer is the best choice if you want a service with incredible customer service.