The panel consisted of the president of the Bavarian Data Protection Authority, Mr. Thomas Kranig, Michael Schmidl, Partner in the Munich office, Julia Kaufmann, Partner in the Munich office, and Lothar Determann, Partner in the San Francisco office.
There was a wide range of questions discussed, such as:
- What does accountability mean and what do we need to demonstrate in practice?
- What is the difference between Art. 32 vs. Art. 35/36?
- What information obligations apply when implementing a CRM tool?
- What is the difference between 'clear affirmative consent' and 'explicit consent'?
- How can consent be obtained in practice for multiple purposes?
This led to a fruitful discussion around the challenges of the GDPR in practice. If you are interested in a similar workshop in your jurisdiction, please contact your usual Baker McKenzie contact.